Queens Park is situated between Kensal Rise, Brondesbury and Kilburn
Royal Agricultral Society Showground
In 1879 The Royal Agricultral Society chose Willesden as the site of its annual show. A 100 acre site was designated at Kilburn, and on 30th of June the show was opened. Queen Victoria and the Prince of Wales attended to view a working diary, agricultral machinery and a wide rane of farm animals.
The show ran for a week, in extremely bad weather. Although it attracted 185000 visitors, it made a loss of £15000. It was decided to set up a permanent venue for the show, and the Society chose a place in Twyford.
A part of the Kilburn site (30 acres) became Queen's Park.
Queen's Park is managed by the Corporation of London.
Return to Main Menu
© Brent Heritage website 2002